I am a marketing professional focused on delivering simple solutions that engage target audiences. As Director of Marketing at Southwestern College Professional Studies, the online education division of Southwestern College in Kansas, I work to enhance the brand plus improve student recruitment through traditional and digital media. Additionally, I am a freelance marketer providing web development and consulting services to various businesses in the Midwest.
2014 - Present
Direct management of all marketing functions for Professional Studies initiatives including brand, media relations, Search Engine Marketing/Optimization, web development, budget, advertising and all digital/traditional sales collateral.
- Led initiative at SCPS to better align brand with overall college identity
- Provided leadership and support to internal and main campus teams in promotion of the college mission
- Promoted the college through advertising mediums including newspapers, magazines, radio, online and
- Served as college public relations liaison to media and external stakeholders
- Implemented online payment process enabling college fee collection and non-credit registrations
- Assisted in Salesforce CRM implementation, enhancement, and training
- Produced and edited various videos promoting student success at the college
- Created Online course rotation tool providing students and staff a way to view course offerings in the future,
creating an efficient and simple way of planning graduation degree plans
- Introduced marketing request ticketing process tracking timely delivery of projects to stakeholders
- Coordinated SCPS promotion of speaking lectures of first commanding general at Guantanamo Bay, Major Gen.
Michael R. Lehnert, USMC (Ret.)
- Managed marketing budgets and resources ensuring projects achieved maximum results
- Responsible for management and growth of Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator
- Contributed marketing and business strategy tactics to the newly formed SC Center for Corporate Learning
- Supported website through continuous improvement efforts based on new technology and research
- Championed print-on-demand initiative to reduce costs of print collateral
- Analyzed marketing web data to improve marketing initiatives
2008 - 2014
Developed and executed a company-wide electronic marketing strategy which included email marketing, website development, video production, social media, search engine optimization and search engine marketing.
- Generated over 4,500 qualified sales leads resulting in over $1 million in sales.
- Delivered over 325% growth in online traffic over four years.
- Launched B2B / B2C e-commerce system.
- Designed product campaigns resulting in business partner engagement and product sales.
- Produced videos resulting in over 100,000 views worldwide.
- Managed Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising campaign driving over 46,000 visitors and a sales increase of 180% for target product.
- Executed online copyright infringement initiative resulting in the removal of over 100 counterfeit products
- Implemented Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy leading to first-page organic listings.
2006 - 2008
Provided traditional and electronic marketing solutions with a strong focus on high school-aged demographic. Developed, planned and executed multimedia projects with great success through strategic planning.
- Developed District CASE VI award winning multimedia-recruiting tool.
- Established electronic marketing strategies boosting freshman enrollment by 10% in the first year.
- Developed technology-based college fair marketing solutions.
- Created just-in-time marketing recruiting tools allowing continuous prospect engagement.
First Degree Member